Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG{3} It's no fair, I WANT MY OWN AVATAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small raging, 7 civs.

If you are having a hard time, here is a cheat that may get you over the hump: try playing on the Earth map. It is easier since you will have intution about the map.

Comment

• Where is the fun in such levels of ICS. It just becomes an exercise in tedious micromanagement...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• But that appeals to the naval mind!
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          Where is the fun in such levels of ICS. It just becomes an exercise in tedious micromanagement...
          I never micromanage in the sense of moving workers around.

Comment

• Originally posted by GP
            If you get behind, Pyramids is slightly better than HG.
            Now that is an interesting version of ICS
            You need the Gardens to control happiness - the Pyramids encourages growth which most of the time you are trying to halt - at least in the early years. Bigger cities produce more unhappy people.

---------------------

SG(2)
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits

Now that is an interesting version of ICS
              You need the Gardens to control happiness - the Pyramids encourages growth which most of the time you are trying to halt - at least in the early years. Bigger cities produce more unhappy people.

---------------------

SG(2)
              No the point of ICS IS growth. Pyramids doubles your growth rate. HG are quite nice. But once you have Mike's they are not nearly so key. And there are ways to deal with instant blackheads (temples, entertainers or Mike's). If one of the two wonders (Pyramids or HG) is going to be gotten by the AI and kept til the end of the game. I'd rather the AI takes HG.

Comment

• There are many different modifications on the ICS theme. For me hardcore ICS involves no temples - or city improvements except a few barracks.

Mike's is wonderful but you are researching Polytheism and Monotheism (and building 8 caravans) which slows up the progress to Democracy and SoL. After you go Commie/Fundy - then you can afford growth. Find out who owns the Pyramids and pay 'em a call.

---------------

SG(2)

Comment

• SG{3}
                  *coughs really loud so all in forum turn around and look @ her*
                  am I mistaken or has my thread yet again been thread jacked and is the topic of discussion really civ?
                  mon dieu! this must be stopped!
                  well thanks to my having to sign a pledge to say that,
                  i will not purchase or consume alcohol, purchase offensive weapons, chew chewing gum, or be alone @ any time Paris was kinda pants...
                  well until the way home where we were given alcohol by the teachers because a big wine merchant had a thing on so that any one who bought any thing got alcohol strawberries and chocolate truffles... it was nice of them to make us break our word... i care really i do...
                  I will go view the poll, you had better not be voting for scouse gitlet...

Comment

• Important rule of thumb for school trips:

You can do anything so long as you don't get caught.
                    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

i will not purchase or consume alcohol, purchase offensive weapons, chew chewing gum, or be alone @ any time
                      LOL, I can think of many school trips where the teachers will be wishing they came up with that one Actually, they probably did, but I NEVER SIGNED ANYTHING!!

I don't get Ics. I just end up with 40-50 tiny crappy cities that revolt every turn, and cant build anything decent.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

There are many different modifications on the ICS theme. For me hardcore ICS involves no temples - or city improvements except a few barracks.

Mike's is wonderful but you are researching Polytheism and Monotheism (and building 8 caravans) which slows up the progress to Democracy and SoL. After you go Commie/Fundy - then you can afford growth. Find out who owns the Pyramids and pay 'em a call.

---------------

SG(2)
                        Actually my last game I did not need any temples as I got Mikes fairly quickly. The instant redheads are not an issue...just instant blackheads. not sure when they start.

And barracks? The only reason I make one is to keep my advisor happy. That's what STWA is for.

Comment

• I can think of many school trips where the teachers will be wishing they came up with that one
                          I went to France when I was 14. A couple of guys on the trip (not friends of mine) drank a bottle of Pernod between them. Despite them sticking their heads in the fountain outside the hotel continuously, the teachers didn't catch on until they started calling the waiter a "French poof". After that, they were sent up to bed with water, and were totally knocked out for about ten hours asleep... completely unwakeable.

We then went back to our rooms and devoured the beer and cider we'd bought... not really enough to get drunk, however.
                          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

• Oh how we all love France. The only problem is the number of french people there. Otherwise it might be a nice place
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Originally posted by GP
                              And barracks? The only reason I make one is to keep my advisor happy. That's what STWA is for.
                              For STWA you need Feudalism. Before SoL I think that's a dubious move.

1) Yet another tech (along with your Polytheism/Monotheism) is necessary - not on the Democracy path.

2) It removes the warrior option in all your cities so incremental rush buying is more expensive.

I usually build one Barracks so there is an early source of Vet units. This is mainly for Barb protection. The investment is worthwhile for the 150g from the Barb Kings. The "Killing Field" approach means that you must have a unit capable of withstanding the Barb Archer's attack. In the early game this is a Vet Phalanx. When the Barbs appear the Phalanx fortifies - ideally on defensive terrain. The Archer attacks and hopefully dies - meanwhile a Horseman is waiting to mop up the 150g - in the BC years that's a lottery win

If sharing a small continent with another civ - they have to go! A Barracks on the front line is important for quick healing and vet units. ICS requires plenty of real estate. Progress is impossible with Mongols crawling through your corn fields.

One of the key moves in the game is to reach the desired form of government quickly. We all know the importance of obtaining Monarchy. Few of us would piddle around researching irrelevant science unless there is no other option. The same single minded approach must be applied in ICS when aiming for Democracy. The reasons for this are:

1) In Monarchy your suffer the penalty of greater unhappiness with multiple cities. ICS - by definition - means just that.

2) SoL offers advanced Governments long before they would normally be available. After building Lady Liberty you have the luxury of deciding how part two of your game will progress.

--------------------

SG(2)

Comment

• My ICS is not a"pure" ICS but I've never lost with it.

Also I find that if you are ICSing, you don't need huge amounts of real estate becuase of how close your cities are. You just do some backfill...

Comment

Working...
                                X